Rubber seals are parts that prevent fluid or solid part […]
Rubber seals are parts that prevent fluid or solid particles from leaking between adjacent bonding surfaces and prevent foreign impurities such as dust and moisture from intruding into the equipment.
Types of commonly used sealing devices
1. Moulding molding Most rubber seals use this molding method, such as various extrusion seals, rotary shaft lip seals, reciprocating lip seals, composite seals, film seals, bellows seals, etc.
2. Machining, such as rectangular seal, piston ring seal, coaxial seal (or slip ring combination seal), etc.
3. Sheet or strip type materials such as rubber, fiber reinforced rubber, bonded asbestos fiber, aramid fiber, etc. Most of the sheet or strip type materials are used for sealing gaskets or fillers, and rubber is used as the bonding of asbestos and its substitutes Agent, in which aramid fiber and processed rubber ring are sometimes used for reciprocating sealing of aerospace equipment.
The performance of the sealing material is an important factor to ensure effective sealing. The selection of the sealing material is mainly based on the working environment of the sealing element, such as the use temperature, working pressure, working medium used and movement method. The basic requirements for sealing materials are as follows:
1. Has certain mechanical properties, such as tensile strength, elongation, etc.
2. The elasticity and hardness are proper, and the permanent set of compression is small.
3. High temperature and low temperature resistance, no decomposition and softening at high temperature, no hardening at low temperature.
4. Compatible with the working medium, without swelling, decomposition, hardening, etc.
5. Good oxygen resistance and aging resistance, durable.
6. Wear-resistant, non-corrosive metal.
7. Easy to form and process, low price.