The main performance of the sealing ring In addition to […]
The main performance of the sealing ring
In addition to the general requirements for the seal ring material, the seal ring should also pay attention to the following conditions:
(1) full of elasticity and resilience;
(2) Appropriate mechanical strength, including expansion strength, elongation and tear resistance.
(3) The performance is stable, it is not easy to swell in the medium, and the heat shrinkage effect (Joule effect) is small.
(4) Easy to process and maintain precise dimensions.
(5) Does not corrode the contact surface and does not pollute the medium.
The most suitable and commonly used material that meets the above requirements is rubber, so most of the sealing rings are made of rubber materials. There are many types of rubber, and new types of rubber are constantly emerging. When designing and selecting, you should understand the characteristics of various rubbers and make reasonable choices.