Oil seal is a key part of various industrial equipment. […]
Oil seal is a key part of various industrial equipment. Although small, it is widely used. Its characteristics and quality immediately endanger the solubility of various industrial equipment. Some oil seals have a long life of one year, and at least many Months or even three to five days, due to inadequate sealing and oil leakage resistance, this situation has seriously jeopardized the working efficiency of various industrial equipment, not only increased fuel consumption and product costs, but also environmental pollution.
First. The key element leading to oil seal leakage: Insufficient sealing is the key element leading to oil leakage. When the shaft is damaged and the pipe groove can not be sealed even if the oil seal is replaced, it is because the contact pressure between the oil seal lip and the shaft is reduced. As a result, the interference between the diameter of the oil seal lip and the journal after installation is very small.
Second. The principle of oil seal:
1. Under random circumstances, the inner diameter of the oil seal lip is smaller than that of the journal and has a certain amount of interference
2. After installation, the clearance of the oil seal knife edge matches the working pressure and the shrinking force of the self-tightening spring to solve the certain axial working pressure caused by the rotating shaft.
3. When working, the oil seal lip produces a 0.25-0.5 mm wide sealing contact ring under the effect of the axial working pressure. Under the effect of the grease working pressure, the hydraulic oil penetrates between the oil seal knife edge and the drive shaft. A very thin layer of slick oil is produced. The slick oil is affected by the interfacial tension of the hydraulic oil to produce a crescent on the side of the auxiliary and oil seal blade wounds to avoid the outflow of hydraulic oil and have a sealing effect.
Third, preventive measures for oil seals that are not tight
1. The oil seals used on mechanical equipment have extreme standards in general work, large temperature differences in the natural environment, a lot of floating dust, and frequent equipment vibrations, which continuously change the bearing capacity of the parts. Therefore, frequent inspections, maintenance, and maintenance are required.
2. Grasp the basic knowledge of professional knowledge to identify fake and inferior goods, and buy high-quality, standardized oil seals
3. Before installation, if the outer surface of the shaft journal is not smooth, the bottom is low or there are rust, rust, burrs and other shortcomings, it should be polished with a fine sand cloth or a sharpening stone, and the oil seal lip or the journal should be polished smoothly. Apply clean car oil or grease, and apply sealant on the outside of the oil seal
4. If the journals and rolling bearings are seriously damaged, the oil seal vulcanized rubber is embrittled or yellowish is invalid, it should be repaired and replaced immediately.
5. For abnormally hot components, common faults should be eliminated immediately to prevent excessive speed and overload operation of mechanical equipment to avoid temperature rise of the oil seal lip, embrittlement of vulcanized rubber, and initial damage to the lip
6. Temporarily unnecessary oil seals should be stored properly to avoid oil stains, dust or sun exposure.