Precautions for seal installation The function of the s […]
Precautions for seal installation
The function of the seal is to close the gap of the oil spill in the storage tank to prevent dirt, sand and other dirt from entering the storage tank. However, if it is installed or used improperly, it is easy to cause oil leakage and affect the normal operation of the machine. Causes bearing burning, gear fracture, drive shaft fracture or other serious failures.
1. Precautions for installation of skeleton self-tightening rubber oil seal
(1) Before installing the oil seal, check whether the surface of the journal is too rough or scratched, especially if there are long scars along the axial direction. If the surface of the journal is too rough, it is easy to damage the oil seal or accelerate the 1:3 wear of the lip, destroying its sealing performance. If the journal surface is damaged due to improper assembly and disassembly, the oil seal lip and journal surface will not be tightly connected, resulting in oil leakage. In the above two cases, the lathe can be round, or it can be replaced with a new shaft after re-welding the surface according to the specified journal size. If the journal has only metal burrs or flashes on the shaft head, it can be smoothed with a file to prevent the oil seal from being damaged when the oil seal is installed.
(2) Check whether the oil seal lip is damaged, cracked or corroded due to oiling. If these undesirable phenomena occur, a new oil seal should be replaced.
(3) When installing the skeleton oil seal, in order to prevent the oil seal lip 121 from being stretched, deformed or scrapped, a special installation tool should be used. If you don’t have such a tool, you can use the following method to install: first, roll on the transparent hard plastic film (usually called cellophane) in the journal, or even part of the journal, apply a little oil on the surface, and place the oil seal Into the shaft head wrapped in plastic film, slowly push the oil seal onto the journal, and then pull the plastic film out. Note: Do not install the flange in the wrong direction. Make it face the side of stored oil, trademarks and external-facing specifications. Because the lip can only be sealed in a 1:3 way, if the oil seal is reversed, it will inevitably lead to oil leakage, weakening of the sealing effect or failure. Avoid bending or hitting the surface of the oil seal, otherwise the oil seal is easily damaged.
(4) During the installation process, the oil seal (especially the lip) and the journal position should be kept clean, and be careful not to let the oil seal self-tightening spring jump out of the spring groove. If the self-tightening spring is loose, the elastic force is weakened, and it can be cut off one by one according to the situation, and the ends at both ends can be firmly connected for continued use.
2. Precautions for installation of rubber waterstop ring
The water blocking ring of the cylinder liner is an "o"-shaped rubber sheet. The cross section is mostly circular. Compared with skeleton oil seal, it has simple structure, no skeleton and no self-tightening spring. This depends on the flexibility and elasticity of the rubber itself. Is limited. If installed improperly, a large amount of cooling water in the cover will seep into the crankcase, causing deterioration of engine oil, deterioration of lubrication quality, aggravation of engine moving parts, and even major failures, such as braid shafts. Therefore, pay attention to the following points when installing the plug:
The main research results are as follows:
(1) If the water blocking ring is too thin or the liner water seal tank is too deep, so that the arc height after the water seal ring is loaded cannot be higher than a certain height, a layer of cotton rope can be wrapped in the water Seal the bottom of the tank and coat it with waterproof calcium-based grease, then insert the water blocking coil into the water-sealed tank, and press the cylinder liner into the valve seat hole of the valve body.
(2) If the water blocking ring is too thick or the water sealing groove of the cylinder liner is too shallow, the water blocking ring is too high to leave the curved surface. At this time, not only is the cylinder liner difficult to install, but the rubber water seal is even squeezed. For the cylinder liner, the rubber water seal can be polished evenly with emery cloth until it is placed in the water seal groove and is highly convex. Then apply grease to the surface of the rubber ring and press the cylinder liner into the body seat hole.
(3) If the diameter of the water retaining ring is uneven or the depth of the water seal tank is uneven, and the rubber ring protrudes unevenly after installing the cylinder liner, the rubber ring or water seal tank should be carefully checked and the defective parts should be replaced.
(4) The rubber ring and water cover should be cleaned before the rubber stopper enters the water cover tank, and impurities and dirt should be avoided during the installation process. After the rubber ring is installed on the cylinder liner, it is necessary to carefully check whether there is any kinking of the cage groove. Before installing the cylinder liner, carefully remove the dirt on the cylinder block and the lower bearing, and apply a layer of oil on the lower cylinder block surface, and then slowly press the cylinder liner into the cylinder block.