Two commonly used molding methods for general rubber pr […]
Two commonly used molding methods for general rubber products are molded rubber seals and extruded rubber strips. These two kinds of rubber products have different ranges of use and advantages and disadvantages, so what is the difference between molded rubber sealing strips and extruded rubber strips?
First, the manufacturing process is different
1. The molded rubber seal is heated and pressurized in a closed mold cavity to form a rubber seal. Generally, the refined rubber material is put into the cavity of the heated mold, and then the closed mold is pressurized to form and vulcanize, and then demolded.
2. Usually, the extruder, die and die, and the corresponding auxiliary equipment such as setting and pulling are selected for extruding the rubber strip, and then determining the extrusion process of screw speed, head pressure, material temperature, setting temperature and pulling speed condition. The extruded belt needs further vulcanization.
Second, the advantages of molded rubber seals
(1) Can be made into various shapes
(2) Product appearance rules with high precision and beautiful appearance
Third, the advantages of extruded rubber strips
(1) Infinite production cycle. Strong production capacity. Less waste
(2) The mold is cheap and the development is convenient and quick.